For our second K-8 Art Methods project, we had to go on a scavenger hunt to find all the elements and designs! We got to apply all our knowledge and put it into a PowerPoint to teach the elements and designs to a future class. I liked this project, because it also allowed us to have some fun with digital cameras to find all the designs and elements!
I liked the idea that we had to be hands on by going on a scavenger hunt!! In the elementary classroom, it might be more difficult for a child to photograph different things and add to PowerPoint It certainly would be fun to send them on a math scavenger hunt! Each week we could focus on a number, and it would be up to the students to bring something to class that represents the number we are on. They would have to scavenger around home and use a higher thinking to find something that would represent the special number of that week!
I liked the idea that we had to be hands on by going on a scavenger hunt!! In the elementary classroom, it might be more difficult for a child to photograph different things and add to PowerPoint It certainly would be fun to send them on a math scavenger hunt! Each week we could focus on a number, and it would be up to the students to bring something to class that represents the number we are on. They would have to scavenger around home and use a higher thinking to find something that would represent the special number of that week!
Take a look at some of my favorite slides below that I used in my presentation!
I targeted my lesson to a second grade art class.
No comments:
Post a Comment